Join guest instructor Bill Mies for a Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction Series
starting Friday, March 28th through May 23rd from 7:00 pm to 9:30 pm at TS Dupont.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction is an eight-week program + 1 full day that assists people who want to learn to use their own internal resources to respond more skillfully to stress, medical and psychological conditions, and promote healthy living. It offers spiritual insight and practices along with their practical application to health and well-being.
The classes are modeled after the ones developed by Dr. Jon Kabat-Zinn at the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center. It also has been featured on PBS in Bill Moyers’ documentary, “Healing and the Mind”, the Oprah Winfrey Show, NBC’s Dateline, ABC’s Evening News, and hundreds of newspapers, magazines, and scientific publications.
“Bill offers a safe space to explore and deepen your mindfulness practice. His joy for the teachings shines through in his gentle facilitation.” – Kimberly Wilson
The course consists of eight 2.5-hour weekly classes and one 6-hour day-long workshop. This highly participatory, practical course includes:
- Guided instruction in mindfulness meditation practices
- Gentle stretching and mindful yoga
- Group dialogue and discussions aimed at enhancing awareness in everyday life
- Daily home assignments
- A workbook, relevant handouts, and CD containing guided meditation practices
- Pre-course and follow-up phone interviews with the instructor
- Fridays March 28, April 4, 11, 18, May 2, 9, 16 & 23 from 7:00 to 9:30pm
- 1 day long session (6 hours) Sunday, June 1, from 11:00-5:00pm.
About the Instructor: William (Bill) Mies completed all three MBSR training programs offered by the University of Massachusetts, Center for Mindfulness. He is now devoting his professional life to teaching mindfulness practice, specializing in the classic 8-week MBSR Program that was developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn. Bill believes that the effectiveness of the MBSR program rests on the fact that it calls upon our deepest spiritual resources and ability to transform.
For more information: https://clients.mindbodyonline.com/ASP/adm/home.asp?studioid=261