Broccoli, broccoli, broccoli!! Probably the most healthy of all of the green vegetables.
It’s rich in vitamins and minerals, high in fiber, cholesterol lowering, detoxifying, and even has cancer fighting properties (as long as you don’t freeze it). Kids love broccoli’s sweet taste and it’s one of the prettiest vegetables available.
- 1 large broccoli head, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup of Gruyere cheese, grated (or e.g., Cheddar)
- spices to your liking
- 1 tablespoon of flax seed (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients well, adding salt and pepper and other spices to taste.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and using hands form into balls. Or place spoonfuls of the mixture into a muffin pan (use paper muffin cups if desired).
- Bake for 25 minutes.