Flax seed and Parmesan Garlicky Crackers.
This week’s Meatless Monday is a super easy to make healthy snack loaded with fiber. Serve with your favorite dip, e.g., hummus, as an appetizer. The recipe below is a simple version but the variations are endless. Add or change spices to your liking. Or consider adding sesame seeds.
- 1/2 cup of ground flax seed
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of water
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- For the cracker dough, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Roll the dough out on a baking sheet between two pieces of greased parchment paper.
- Make sure the dough is of even thickness throughout so that the edges do not burn before the center is done.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper.
- Bake at 325 F for 50 minutes or until “golden” depending on the thickness of your crackers.
- Break the cracker into pieces and enjoy as dip or soup crackers.
- Keep the rest fresh in a resealable plastic bag for a couple of days.