If you are pregnant and would like to de-stress after the holidays, consider attending the Prenatal Relaxation Bliss
Workshop thisSaturday, 1/11/2014, from 5-7pm, at Tranquil Space in Arlington. This Workshop is a wonderful way to treat yourself and your baby to an evening of rest, relaxation, loving kindness and rejuvenation.
10 Benefits of Prenatal Restorative Yoga and Prenatal Massage Therapy:
- Decreases general fatigue; by the 11th week of pregnancy, women are increasingly tired because they spend less time in the deepe restorative stages of sleep.
- Relieves back strain and fatigue from the increased demand of supporting the pregnant abdomen.
- Some of the poses stretch the inner thigh muscles to prepare for birth.
- Soothes your nervous system by engaging the parasympathetic nervous system, and this helps you and your baby feel calm and relaxed. A calm and relaxed environment helps support your baby’s health and growth.
- Excellent preparation for labor and birthing time.
- Increases blood flow to baby.
- Helps to relieve tension in the neck and shoulders.
- Helps to reduce swelling in your legs.
- Induces positive feelings of well being for moms, and probably babies, too.
- A wonderful opportunity to bond with your baby.
The restorative poses will be led by prenatal yoga instructor, Elizabeth Berendt, and accompanied by prenatal massage therapy given by prenatal massage therapist, Barbara Jazzo. The workshop will also include relaxing music and inspirational readings, as well as guidance through deep relaxation, and affirmations for pregnancy and birth preparation.