Homemade Fruit Filled Bars
Enjoy! – Mariana
- 1.5 cups whole-wheat flour
- 4 tablespoons corn starch
- 1 cup oats
- 1/ 2 cup coconut oil
- 1/ 2 cup agave
- 1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/ 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the dough:
- In a mixing bowl, mix the coconut oil and agave until smooth. Add vanilla and egg and mix again.
- In a separate bowl, mix whole-wheat flour with the cornstarch until they are thoroughly mixed. Then add to this recipient oats, salt and baking soda, and mix again until all the ingredients are well blended.
- Mix both bowls until you get a good dough consistency.
For the filling:
- Select 1 cup of the fruit, e.g., apples, kiwi, pineapple, pears, berries, mango etc. For this recipe we will use strawberries.
- Thoroughly wash the strawberries and cut them into small pieces. Put them in a blender or food processor until pureed.
Once you have the dough and the filling ready:
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Stretch out the dough and cut it into squares of 7×7 cm (approx. 2.5 inches), if you have a pizza cutter, it can save you a lot of work here. Put the filling on one side of the square and fold by tightening both parts.
- Place the bars on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 15 minutes (keep checking on them) or until well cooked.