Chocolate Chip Cookies
Last week I made these delicious cookies for my husband’s birthday. The original recipe is from Gold Medal Flour. I switched ¾ cup granulated sugar for 2 tablespoons of stevia.
They are a great option to take to your holiday parties for everyone to enjoy! -Mariana
- 2 tablespoons of stevia (3/4cup granulated sugar)
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup coarsely chopped nuts
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- Heat oven to 375ºF.
- Mix sugars, butter, vanilla and egg in a large bowl. Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff). Stir in nuts and chocolate chips.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls of dough about 2 inches apart onto an non-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light brown (the centers will be soft). Cool slightly; remove from cookie sheet. Cool on wire rack.