Persian Style Rice with Parsley, Mint, Almonds and Golden Raisins
- 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup short grain brown rice
- 1 ¾ cups water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup minced parsley
- ¼ cup minced mint
- ¼ cup oven toasted blanched almonds
- In a saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add rice. Sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water and salt. Bring rice to boil, reduce the heat to simmer, cover with lid, and cook until all liquids are absorbed.
- Remove rice from heat. Fluff rice and add parsley, mint and, raisins and almonds.