Update: Join the Tranquil Space Yogis team and walk/run yourself: http://www.aidswalkwashington.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.team&teamID=5073. Coordinated by Beatriz.
During the month of October ALL karma classes at TS Dupont will benefit Whitman Walker Health. I (Kevin) will be walking (with many of my fellow yogis) in the Washington AIDS Walk this Saturday to raise funds for Whitman-Walker Health: http://www.whitman-walker.org/.
This agency provides comprehensive medical, mental health, dental, and legal care to people in our community, with a focus on people living with HIV and AIDS. As you might know I work at Whitman-Walker as a social worker/psychotherapist. During this time of major health care reform, your donation to help people living with HIV and AIDS is more important than ever.
Your donation would help me to continue to provide following services:
- Facilitate psychotherapeutic groups for HIV, mental health issues, and recurrent addictions.
- Provide compassionate individual and couples psychotherapy for people struggling with new diagnosis, trauma, anxiety, depression, coming out, and other mental health issues.
- Integrate complementary and alternative therapies into the range of services we offer clients, including meditation, yoga, massage, acupuncture, and Reiki.
- Mentor and supervise graduate students from Catholic University, George Washington University, and the University of Maryland.
- Most of all, your donation will help me help people from falling through the cracks.
I am just one of the workers in this broad agency helping the community our even broader community. So your donation will go far. My goal for fundraising is $7,500. Please donate what you can, and donate often! Every contribution counts.
Ways you can donate:
- Donate on-line! Visit the AIDS Walk website to make a donation. Here’s the link: http://www.aidswalkwashington.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=1291
- Do Yoga! During the month of October ALL charity classes donations at Tranquil Space will go towards this cause. We offer a weekly charity every Wednesday at 4:30. Visit: www.tranquilspace.com.
Please feel free to share and get the word out…
With thanks and gratitude!