Carrot Soup with Coconut and Cilantro
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 onion
- 500g chopped carrots
- ¾ coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons red Thai curry paste
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- Add ½ tablespoon canola oil to the soup pot. Place chopped onion, and bring slowly to a heating point. Cook until translucent. Add the curry paste and cook one more minute.
- When the onions are soft and translucent, add the vegetable broth.
- Add carrots to the pot and boil for 10-15 minutes until carrots are soft.
- Allow to cool and blend.
- Place the soup back in the pot. Add coconut milk and cook for an additional 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.