Lime Hummus with Pita and Vegetables
Last Monday, we wanted to cook something for dinner that wouldn’t require a lot of work and leave us plenty of time to watch our favorite TV show. This recipe is really easy and full of flavor!
- 1 can of chickpeas
- ½ garlic clove
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water (plus more as needed)
- Juice from 3 limes
- Chili powder (as desired)
- Place beans, garlic, lemon juice, water, olive oil, and a big pinch of salt in a food processor or blender and process until smooth. If the hummus is too thick, pulse in more water, a tablespoon at a time, until the desired consistency is reached. Taste, adding more salt and lemon juice as needed.
- While you’re preparing the hummus, steam vegetables and let them cool.
- To serve, place in a bowl and serve with pita bread and cooled vegetables.