Baked Apples with Honey and Oats
My family came to visit us this weekend so I decided to prepare something special for them. I looked for recipes that involved apples since I didn’t want them to miss the opportunity of trying our fresh picked apples. I found this great recipe online by Melissa Romero, it is really easy to make and you can have it either for breakfast or as a dessert.
- 4 small apples
- 1-tablespoon honey
- ½ cup oats
- 1-teaspoon cinnamon
- 1-tablespoon peanut or almond butter
- Preheat oven or toaster oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut apples in half. Set the core aside.
- In a separate bowl, mix oats, honey, peanut butter, and cinnamon.
- Fill the hollow in each apple half with a spoonful or two of oat mixture (depending on the size of your apples).
- Place apples on a baking pan lined with tinfoil. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until apples are tender.
- Drizzle extra honey or cinnamon if desired.