For this Monday, I would like to share with you a really easy Mexican recipe. The good thing about this delicious plate is that, besides that it only takes about 15 minutes to prepare, you will also be getting a completely nutritious meal. It is important to make sure you are getting the right balance of proteins, fats and carbohydrates in every meal, and even though there is no animal protein in this recipe, the combination of tortilla chips and beans will allow you to achieve a healthy amount of protein.
- 5 tomatillos (green tomatoes)
- 2 serrano peppers (seeds removed)
- 2 cilantro leaves
- ½ onion finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Organic tortilla chips
1. Use a blender to mix the tomatillos, serrano peppers, cilantro and onion. Add water. Season with cilantro, salt and pepper.
2. Heat your saucepan and add your blend. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium low and simmer.
3. Pour the salsa into the organic tortilla chips.
4. Add the beans on top of the tortilla chips. If you like you can also add some cheese and avocados on top.