Utthita Trikonasana (Extended Triangle Pose):
uttihta = extended, trikona = three angle or triangle
Benefits (according to Yoga Journal):
- Stretches and strengthens the thighs, knees, and ankles
- Stretches the hips, groins, hamstrings, and calves; shoulders, chest, and spine
- Stimulates the abdominal organs
- Helps relieve stress
- Improves digestion
- Helps relieve the symptoms of menopause
- Relieves backache, especially through second trimester of pregnancy
- Therapeutic for anxiety, flat feet, infertility, neck pain, osteoporosis, and sciatica
- Diarrhea Headache
- Low blood pressure
- Heart Condition: Practice against a wall. Keep the top arm on the hip.
- High blood pressure: Turn the head to gaze downward in the final pose.
- Neck problems: Don’t turn your head to look upward; continue looking straight ahead and keep both sides of the neck evenly long.