Happy Earth Day!
In addition to Earth Day, it’s also US Veg Week! We’ll have a post each day about the lovely benefits of eating more veggies filled with links, info and yummy recipes. Speaking of which…
In my humble opinion, the most appropriate way to celebrate the magnificent Earth in all her life giving abundance is though celebration with one of her greatest gifts to us: chocolate. I know you hear me!
Today’s yumminess comes from Namely Marly. (I love getting to highlight fabulous new vegan blogs each week! ) Check her out and DO let me know if you attempt her gloriously indulgent recipe below!
Vegan Chocolate Cream Pie with Cookie Crust
- 1 batch Coconut Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie dough
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 2 cups dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- vegan whipped cream topping (optional)
- Heat your oven up to 350F. Prepare a rectangle cake (9X12) pan by spraying it with vegetable spray.
- Press the cookie dough in the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown at the edges. Remove from oven and allow the crust time to cool completely.
- In the meantime, prepare the cream filling by combing the coconut milk and cornstarch in a large microwave-safe bowl. Heat this for one to two minutes, until the mixture thickens a bit.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir until the chocolate chips are completely melted. If you need to add a little more heat, you can place it back in the microwave, but be sure to only use short increments of cooking time – maybe 22 seconds at a time (so you don’t burn the chocolate).
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, add the vanilla and stir one last time.
- Pour the chocolate cream mixture over the cooled cookie crust. Refrigerate until the chocolate cream firms up; at least one hour.
- Serve with vegan whipped topping.