Rise and Shine Lovelies!
On the menu today are easy-peasy, fluffy pancakes. They’re so easy, in fact, that you don’t even need soy or rice milk. You can just use water. Sweet and simple. I’m actually about to walk into the kitchen and make them myself. True story
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cups soymilk or 1 1/4 cups water
1/2 dash cinnamon (optional)
1. In a large bowl, lightly mix all ingredients until just combined.
2. Overmixing will make the pancakes tough.
3. Leave mixture on the counter to rest for 3-5 minutes and then fold it onto itself two or three times, lightly to make sure that the batter is fairly well incorporated.
4. Cook on a greased skillet or griddle over medium to medium high heat until golden.
5. If there are large lumps, carefully break them apart with the spatula while the pancakes are cooking.
6. Serve immediately.
More fun resources and info:
Today’s recipe courtesy of low-cholestorlfood.com. Fun fact: cholesterol is only contained in animal products. So if you’re ever looking for foods low in cholesterol, vegan options simplify your search.