What’s your favorite part of teaching yoga?
- I love being able to create a fun and safe space where my students can explore their yoga practice and play with new poses and deepening their practice.
Where did you grow up?
- I grew up in Minneapolis.
- Joni Mitchell’s Blue album. Every time I listen to it I hear something new.
Dream vacation or favorite vacation you’ve ever been on?
- Back when I lived in Beijing I camped out on a remote section of the Great Wall of China with some friends. When we woke up the next morning we were all alone and the fog had rolled in over the wall creating this magical atmosphere. It felt like we’d been transported back in time. I don’t think I could ever recreate it but I’d love to try!
- Christmas! I’m from the Midwest and we believe that it’s not Christmas without a pantry fully stocked with several dozen different kinds of specially baked Christmas cookies and other treats. My mother, grandmothers, and aunts all had their own Christmas specialties and when I was a kid I loved sampling them all each year.
Favorite yoga pose?
- I love all of the twists, especially supine twist. I just melt into the ground and can feel my body opening up.
What inspires you?
- All of the other amazing teachers at Tranquil Space.
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be” — Ralph Waldo Emerson