Favorite part of teaching yoga?
- When I see students enjoying the practice completely in focus, and their faces shine after the class.
Where did you grow up?
- Tokyo, Japan (specificly West Tokyo, there were still rice fields left when I grew up)
Favorite piece of art?
- “Boy Viewing Mount Fuji” by Hokusai. More famous pieces by him are “The Great Wave” and “Red Fuji” but he is known for captivating common life of Japan 200 years ago.
- Billy Elliot
- Rice wrapped in seaweed with soy sauce!!
Favorite restaurant in DC/VA/MD?
- Restaurant Nora in Dupont Circle – they use mostly organic ingredients and offer many vegetarian options. A wonderful place to celebrate your special nights.
Dream vacation or favorite vacation you’ve ever been on?
- My favorite vacation was to watch wild Mountain Gorillas at Volcanos National Park in Rwanda with my husband-to-be.
Favorite yoga pose and why?
- Prasarita Padottanasana (wide-legged forward bend): I love all the forward bends but this pose does magic to calm my mind.
If you could be one animal, what would you be and why?
- A Sloth I am assuming it is so relaxing to be one. Cutest animal ever and they, like me, are vegetarian and love to sleep!