It’s officially my last week as Studio Director of Tranquil Space. To be honest, that statement hasn’t really sunk in for me yet (I was hoping typing it would help). If you’ve seen me lately, you can probably tell I’m getting close to my due date (three weeks to go!) and that means it’s time to hand over the reigns. Sniffle, sniffle.
It’s hard to imagine my daily life without connecting to the Tranquil Space cOMmunity every day. I feel completely blessed to have been surrounded by some of the most inspiring and dedicated people for the past year.
A sampling of what I’m going to miss (I couldn’t possibly list them all):
- Kimberly’s inspirational ability to multitask yet still be fully present in all her endeavors
- Tim’s willingness to break things just to fix them
(he had a remarkable track record, actually)
- Marq’s contagious laugh and entertaining stories
- Mary Catherine’s ability to bring the sunshine with her wherever she goes
- Siobhan’s amazing balance of work and family
- The entire team’s dedication and genuine desire to make Tranquil Space the best yoga studio in DC
- All the relationships I’ve built with our yogis (some of the most interesting and passionate people I will ever meet).
I don’t want to go on and on, I’ve learned shorter blog posts are better, but it’s impossible to walk away from this position without thanking each and every one of you for entering my life exactly when I needed you. A year ago, I was looking for a change–mind, body and spirit. I’m certain that I’m coming out of this adventure with a new outlook on life and as an all-around happier person.
The next few months are going to be a crazy time of change for me as my husband, Chris, and I welcome a baby boy into our family. I look forward to continuing to be a part of the Tranquil Space cOMmunity in whatever way possible. Hopefully that means I’ll continue seeing a lot of you on the mat or at TS events–and for that I’m grateful.
My last official day is Friday, March 16. If you’re in the studio for class this week, or just passing by, please stop in and share some tea + cookies with me. I might still be avoiding the fact that I’m leaving, but that doesn’t mean I don’t want to see everyone!
The next time you’ll hear from me will be with news of our little one! I’ll keep the Tranquil Space cOMmunity well-informed, I promise.