Join Anne on Columbus Day weekend for a Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training.
- Anatomical and physiological particularities of pregnancy and how they pertain to the yoga asana practice
- Recommendations for a pregnant woman in a regular yoga class
- Developing a well-rounded prenatal yoga class
- How to integrate childbirth preparation into your yoga classes
- Practice-teaching with instructor and peer feedback
In the early session, students will reflect on the possible conceptions of prenatal yoga and begin to develop their personal prenatal yoga teaching philosophy. After a comprehensive overview of the physiology and anatomy of pregnancy and the birth process we will consider what implications these facts have for the design of a prenatal yoga class. The session will end with an introduction to some common elements of prenatal yoga classes, followed by a presentation of how prenatal yoga as taught at Tranquil Space.
We will also discuss the concepts of ‘prenatal yoga’ and ‘preparing for birth with yoga’ and consider how these two elements are related, how they may be integrated in a prenatal class. We will also examine how to include a partner in a prenatal class and discuss assists in prenatal classes. Students will also finalize their prenatal yoga teaching philosophy and spend a portion of their time teaching a practice class.
Friday, October 7 from 11:00am – 5:30pm
Sunday, October 9 from 10:45am – 3:15pm
Monday, October 10 from10:00am – 4:30pm
Prenatal Manual (included in training fee)
Preparing for Birth with Yoga, Jeannette Balaskas