Tranquil Space is once again hosting Karma Kids Yoga Teacher Training this summer. This is a fun training for yoga teachers, school teachers, and anyone who loves working with children. The training runs July 8-July 10 at our Dupont location. Everyone welcome-you don’t have to be a yoga teacher to attend. Get more info and sign up here.
Teacher training certification will cover:
- the benefits of yoga for children
- child-friendly yoga poses, games, themes, stories, breathing and relaxation exercises and visualization techniques – over 350 poses and games!
- partner and group yoga poses and yoga games, for kids and families
- creative ways to help build confidence, trust, teamwork, focus, concentration, and a sense of calm to get kids to relax and develop self-control
- developing a yoga class that is fun, safe, effective and engaging for toddlers through teens
- incorporating props, music, art, stories, and age-appropriate themes into yoga classes, birthday parties, and special events
- teaching with confidence and creativity, patience and acceptance, with an open heart and an open mind
- balancing the need for structure and freedom within each class
- harnessing the energy in the room and being in the moment
- tips for teaching yoga to children that support a fair, non-competitive environment
- tools for dealing with restlessness and behavior challenges in a class
- developmental considerations and cautions for toddlers through teens; understanding where they are in their lives
- how to successfully encourage and talk to children; how to communicate and inspire
- how to give positive and constructive feedback
- an opportunity to develop and present your own yoga class incorporating your own creative ideas
- how to monitor kid trends
- bringing out the child within you and having fun!